Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 3 of 31 for 21 ...




Just getting in by the skin of my teeth here,as there is only one measly hour left to this day.So therefore I'll make it short but sweet and definitely cute.Our little chromosomally enhanced little darlings are flexible.And I am talking seriously flexible.I have seen Zoey do the most incredible contortions with her tiny body and have found her sleeping in some of the most unbelievable positions.Take the other day for instance.She went down for a nap.I checked the video monitor.Fast asleep.So I snuck up to give her a feed ... that would be the beauty of g-tubes sometimes,and this was the way I found her.Comfy as could be.And why,you may ask,is she able to put herself into these seemingly impossible positions for the majority of us,and not be bothered in the least bit?That would be due to a common if not universal, characteristic that is found in her designer genes ... low muscle tone,ligament laxity and flexible joints.A bad thing?I think not.Nothing makes me smile more than to pop onto a blog of one of our buddies and see them sitting up,straight backs,with those little legs spread out even with the floor.Come on,you mommies know exactly what I am talking about ... so stink'n cute don't you agree?

19 comments:

Cheri said...

Totally know what you are talking about! Reid is our little dancer by nature and he cracks us up because often he ends his "dance routine" with a sudden split ....legs effortlessly flung straight out in both directions! He gets such a squeal out of us that that ham bone does it and looks over with a smirk to see if we saw his ever limber pose!

thepiersolfamily said...

Aww... She IS sooooooo cute. I do love baby/kid sleeping positions. So cute. Love the butterfly bedding too. Sleep well, Heather. Xoxoxo Laura

Tina said...

I have to agree some of those poses are truely amazing, what contortionists our kids are, it hurts to look at them sometimes, but I love them....and there they are doing them with the utmost ease. I mean Zoey couldn't have been sleeping that way unless it was comfy, imagine us sleeping in that position! Wow!

Unknown said...

Oh how I miss finding Laynee in those impossible positions.

SECRET PEPPER PERSON: said...

I get cramps in my legs just looking at this. Two words for Zoey: YOGA INSTRUCTOR. Healthy and good pay.

Stephanie said...

I soooo agree. I know it's not supossed to be a good thing but when Miss Em kicks her legs over the front tray of her stroller so she can check out her toes, it makes us all laugh. Plus she trows in that face like, "Lets see you do that"!

Miss Z looks so peaceful sleeping, and very comfy, as only our kids could be in that position!

Jamie said...

Madie sleeps EXACTLY the same!! I seriously thought she was the only one...LOL!

Becca said...

Oh, soooooo sweet!!! And an excellent fact to post for Day 3!

Kelly said...

I couldn't agree more!! Not too long ago I posted a pic of Landon with his foot near his ear, it looked like his foot was a telephone (hence, the title of the post, "How to answer the telephone!")!! Just LOVE it!!

Look how comfy Zoey looks.....I am so jealous!!!

Kristin said...

If I had a dollar for every time someone said "wow - he's going to be good at gymnastics"!

The VW's said...

SO STINK'N CUTE!!!

Anonymous said...

If only this great ole Great Aunt Bluebelle could do that! Love post from Secret Pepper Person - Yoga insturctor! Made me smile big time!

Bluebelle

Monica said...

I totally agree! But then again/// Zoey is stink'n cute no matter what she is doing. :)

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

So cute! I have many pictures of Emily is similar positions. :)

Cammie Heflin said...

I totally agree!! Jake and I were talking about this today, he's decided that Addy is going to be the best stretcher in PE class!

Googsmom said...

Agreed!

Melissa said...

Yep, we know all about that flexibility! Just yesterday, Claire learned how to get into sit by herself, by way of the splits. Looks uncomfortable to me, but she's awfully proud of herself. :)

Brandi D. said...

I think that is the cutest thing I've ever seen. My kids usually sleep on their belly with their butts in the air. Zoey's position has them beat.

Melani said...

she is awesome!