Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Joining the Ranks ...



Much to our sweet Jake's dismay,he will soon be joining the club.He will be in good company however.Myself,Mark,big sister Jessica,Danny and Matt are all in the club.Although Matt has left the club,thanks to the modern day miracle of Lasik.Yep,sorry to say little man,genetics has dealt yet another bummer of a hand:failing eyesight.

After arriving home from school with headaches over the last few weeks.The signs were all there,even he pointed out that his headaches were in the back of his head:"That's where your vision center is mom."Of course it is Jake,my resident brainiac.So off we went today to the doctors.A quick eye exam confirmed that eyeglasses would be in order.But if you ask Jake,he will tell you that he is getting contacts,not glasses.Um,we will be having a chat about that one.Seems that no matter how much I try to convince him that glasses are cool and that people even buy ones with clear glass in them,he's not buying it.We'll keep you posted on how it all shakes down.

Short and sweet tonight.Lots to share but it will have to wait.My bed is calling.

*Picture was taken this weekend at a very intense,very over my head Robotics Tournament.Robotics you say?A Lego building,computer programming,biomedical engineering themed club this year,that he is part of.Did I already say brainiac once?Anyway,Jake played the part of an elderly Alzheimer's patient and borrowed Mark's reading glasses for the part.Because yes,Mark and I are also part of the contact lens/reading glasses club as well.Fun times.

15 comments:

Denise said...

I think he is very handsome with or without glasses. My oldest, Abbey, kept hoping she would need glasses because she thinks they are THAT cool. Bummer for her, she has perfect eyesight!!

Stephanie said...

He looks so COOL in that picture!!!!

No fears Jake , God blessed you with a face that can't be messed with. In other words you're gorgeous!!! And the glasses won't change that!

blogzilly said...

Glasses are cool. They can be at least. They can be a signature part of any look. I actually would prefer contacts for some reasons, but I also like the way glasses look on me, they add character.

On ze wimmens? Oy vay they look HOT.

Runningmama said...

Glad he will be getting rid of his headaches with some good 'ole glasses! It's not such a bad club to be in, when he realizes how much better he can see, he will be much happier about joining, I bet :-)

heidi marie said...

So handsome. He needs to go into modeling! I love glasses on kids. For some reason they look cuter!

Reagan Leigh said...

He really is gorgeous Heather! You have some beautiful children! Must be the good genes! What's funny is kids that don't need glasses think they are cool and want them...but kids that need them, hate them! I really do think he looks even more handsome WITH the glasses...

Rochelle said...

He looks super studious in those glasses.
I think the chicks will be flocking to ya Jake (just sayin') =) But, as I was early to this club I totally understand why you would rather have the contacts!

another mother said...

Okay Jake . . . only the coolest people get to wear glasses. They add to your handsomeness (is that even a word) by making you look sophisticated. You may not want to hear this but girls like a guy in glasses :)

Elizabeth said...

Gosh, that picture's cute.

C Smith said...

I have been surprised every year when the eye doc says none of my kids need glasses (I have terrible vision). My oldest daughter has wanted them since she was about 7, apparently glasses are "cool" now. Well this year she got her wish, she needs reading glasses. She really is a popular and stylish kid so assure Jake that they are the new IN thing.

Mama Mason-Mann said...

Man, is he ever a cutie?!!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet, gentle Jake - joining the club! Dad's glasses look awesome on you... Just imagine how cute, handsome you will be with your own. The girls will be flocking around you. And with your personality (this I know first hand) whoa watch out world! Jake Needham is on the move!

Great Aunt Bluebelle

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

That is a fabulous photo! :) My son Jacob is in Robotics also. It is the coolest thing!

Googsmom said...

I LOVE that pic!!!!

Melissa said...

I love this picture and I'm sure he will look great in his glasses!