3. Music. Loud music. Loud music, in my car, while driving alone. Music, for me, transcends anything and everything that is going on in my life. Lately, I am beyond grateful for that.
4. Presents from older daughters. Thanks Taylor. Although anyone that knows me, knows that "dammit" is fairly mild when it come to my curse words arsenal.
6. The return of our carefree beach days. Welcome respite from the heaviness of the last 5 weeks.
7. A reminder to persevere. No matter what.
8. Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf during these sweltering Southern California heatwave days.
8. Getting back to my running routine. I have missed it. A lot.
9. Grace that carries me through the saddest of moments of missing my mom.
10. New life. Yep, gonna be a 'Mimi' again in February. Darling family of three will soon be a darling family of four.
11. Beautiful emails awaiting me in my inbox, that remind me of why I continue blogging.
12. Been this kind of week and sometimes I find quotes that say it all so much better than I ever could.
13. 'Breaking Bad'. Always a welcomed distraction. Pretty intense so you need to follow it with a healthy dose of laughter. So Jimmy Fallon does that for me. Cracks me up and I am grateful for the laughter at the end of a long day.
14. Rice cakes with peanut butter, strawberries and bananas on top. Yep, I am thankful for them. Otherwise I probably would be eating nada. I have been known to have them for breakfast and lunch.
15. 7 weeks left and we will have our own resident nurse in the family. So proud of Jess. Just began her last semester of nursing school.
16. I do love being at home with my kids. I really do but I have to tell you, I do feel a little like this sometimes. So this little pice of gratitude comes tempered with a side of humor. Cuz you have got to keep your humor if you are going to be a mom. Only way you will survive your vocation. Really is.
Really, really tried to squeak out a few more points of gratitude this week but it was tough my friends. And speaking of friends. I have been absent in and around the blogworld. Keep thinking I will get back in the groove and then, not so much. Life is so extremely complicated these days, that I seem to be pulled in so many directions, that certain aspects of my life seem to be falling to the wayside. Just has to be that way for now. I will be fine. Always am. It is the getting to fine that is proving difficult.
But I will be fine. Eventually and until then, I will just keep looking for those daily reminders of gratitude. What else can one do? Right?