Thursday, May 23, 2013

Namaste Mohini ...



I hate goodbyes. Always have. I don't know anyone who actually likes them, but me, I avoid them at all costs if I can. Cry. Everytime. A lot. And the kind of goodbyes I have had to say over the last 4 years, the last 10 months specifically, well, those goodbyes, unavoidable. Horrible. And to be honest,  I'd like to skip tomorrow's all together. But can't. Been dreading it for awhile now. But the day has finally arrived. Like it or not. Tomorrow is the day we say goodbye to Zoey's beloved school aid. The one that has loved her and cared for her nearly everyday, for past three years. Sweet Mohini.

Mohini has been my right hand girl. A stand in mom when I am not there. She has changed diapers and gtube fed and held and loved on Zoey when ever Zoey needed it. And even when she didn't. Mohini has allowed me to drop Zoey at school and leave with complete peace. That peace has been a gift. Mohini has been a gift. And I am going to miss her with all my heart. And Miss Zoey, she adores Mohini. And although Zoey does not understand goodbyes, she will know that Mohini is gone and she will miss her, in her very own precious way.



When Mohini isn't selflessly giving to not only my child but the rest of the children in Zoey's class, she is a wife, a mother and she is a yoga instructor as well. I thought it was only fitting to give her what she has given to me without even knowing it. That giving has enabled me to release Zoey into the care of another so she could attend school daily, in an environment she has flourished in.

 Calming, Balance, Inner Peace

Which is what you are striving to find when doing the "tree" pose.





We love you Mohini. Namaste.

Namaste, as defined my Mahatma Gandi: "In India when people meet and part they often say Namaste which means: I honor the place within you where the Universe resides; I honor the place within you of love, of light, of truth, of peace; I honor the place within you, where, when you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, there is only one of us"

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm crying -- what a beautiful tribute. And I'm sorry for this fresh loss -- I know you will carry Mahini in your heart always as she will carry yours.

colleen said...

So beautiful... how lucky you and Mohini were to find each other. As they are saying in Newtown, which I find only fitting to pass on to you today, may you have an invincible summer.

Rochelle said...

Beautiful tribute. Oh goodbyes are so hard, especially wonderful people who take care of our littles.

I hope you held off and didn't do the ugly cry! LOL (Hope that made you giggle!) Love you

Gberger said...

Oh, Heather, I love that quote from Gandhi. I am going to borrow it for my collection of quotes. Thank you for sharing Mohini, and her gifts, with us.