Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Day was Absolutely Beautiful ....






Not only was the weather perfect today but the beauty I felt as I watched the day play out before me,was nothing short of perfect.Jessica Leigh,our first born,graduated from college today.22 years ago we knew that this day would come,we hoped and prayed that this day would come and indeed it came.Too fast in many ways but how blessed we are to be here.We are filled with more gratitude for this blessing then we might ever have had because of the road we now take with Zoey.Today we are surrounded by families and children who may never have this opportunity.An opportunity and right of passage,that many of us take for granted.Once more a lesson coming from the journeys of some courageous children and their families.We are so proud of you Jess.You have grown into this incredible young woman that amazes us and inspires us daily.Congratulations our oldest love.We adore you beyond any words we could possibly come up with.And to Matt ... we thank you for loving and taking such great care of Jessica.We love you for that and for so much more.Enjoy the pictures everyone.Notice the back drop.That is the Pacific Ocean and Pepperdine University literally overlooks and practically sits on the edge of the ocean.Breathtaking.However,one of the most touching parts of the ceremony today, was when the President of the University said something along these lines,when addressing the Class of 2009:"Today as you all gaze out over my shoulders at the incredible view behind me,the beautiful Pacific Ocean,believe me,it pales in comparison to the beautiful view that sits before me today."I couldn't have agreed more.

*Once again,the only thing missing from the perfect day, was our littlest love Zoey.From a medical standpoint, it was best to leave her home.She was well taken care of by my friend Debra.Thank you Deb for sitting with her.It was so difficult to not have her with us but we know she was being loved on and snuggled with and that made all the difference.Zoey seems to be doing well and we are cherishing our days knowing Tuesday will be here before we know it.

*Be sure to scroll done for more pictures.

15 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh I'm so glad I'm up early this Sunday morning, I get to see the pics first.Congratulations to Jess and Matt. How beautiful they look.The whole family looks beautiful!I'm so happy the day went well, we were thinking of all of you yesterday.We love you, prayers to all, hugs and kisses to the Princess!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

soooo cute!!!! love the celebration!

My name is Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS to Zoey's Big Sister!!!

Reagan Leigh said...

Such beautiful pictures! Congratulations Jessica! What an awesome accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jessica, Matt, and to the entire family. Thank you as always for sharing the beauty. God bless you all, Christi Harman with special kisses to Zoey girl

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jessica and Matt!! It looks like it was an awesome day! You will remember it forover. I wish I could have been there. Jessica- you were at my college graduation 21 years ago. You didn't know it was me until I took my cap off for you and you yelled Li Li!!
We wish you much happiness and success!!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Jessica and Matt - contrats to you both. What a beautiful setting there at Pepperdine. Awesome pics of everyone. Heather & Mark, truly a beautiful day for you in so many ways.

Love to everyone

Bluebelle

The VW's said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! (To the graduates and the parents!) What a blessed sight! That view IS AMAZING!!! WOW! Glad to hear that you enjoyed your day!

Praying for you and Zoey!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations jessica and Matt! Heather it brought me to tears...my heart was full...to hear you talk about your children with such love, such gratitude...they are wonderful, they are successful, they are as beautiful as they are because of YOU my dear friend! You all are so very lucky and blessed to have each other. 13 days until I can give you a BIG BIG hug. Until then my blog hugs will just have to do! My love to you...always!!

Kele said...

Beautiful indeed! Congratulations Jessica and Matt!!
Love to you all!

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful pictures. Congratulations Jess and Matt. And congrats to mom & dad too. You've done well.

Shelly Turpin said...

Congratulations - what a wonderful day!

just jean said...

Ah, yes! It was a beautiful day!
You could almost hear the buttons popping off of proud families everywhere! We, too, are so proud of Matt and Jessica, for the choices they have made, for the hard work of 4 years, and for becoming wonderful, caring, young adults. Thanks for posting the pictures!

PS... Could I get a copy of those pictures on the platform?

Cheri said...

Congratulations Jessica and Matt...what a fun time in life, you have so many wonderful things ahead of you!

mrsrubly said...

wow~college grad. you are a proud momma for sure. i wish your daughter the best.