Sunday, November 29, 2009

Beyond exhausted ...





But it's a good exhausted. The long weekend was wonderful. To say the least. Lots to re-cap but it will have to wait. Headed to CHLA today after church and made a blanket drop. Forty in all. Twenty to our home away from home, 4E and the rest went to other kiddos that needed to be warm and snuggly. A huge and not nearly appreciative enough , thank you, to all who are making this project possible. I have an angel in Utah, Karen, that just keeps sending me the products of her hard work. I have several friends here who donate their time, talent and treasure and I have my girls, who jumped in and helped me do ten over the last few days. Thank you one and all. I could never, ever be doing this without you all. I am hoping to do my next drop at the beginning of March, the 2nd to be exact. It happens to be a little courageous someone's 3rd birthday and I thought that would be the absolute perfect time. The blankets were a hit and boy does it feel amazing to see this project coming to fruition. A beginning to a pay it forward that I will never, ever be able to do justice to, ever.

*The picture is of Jessica and a few of her lifelong friends, who jumped in and helped as well. Thanks girls. I love you all. Had to throw in a few of the princess. These ones cracked me up ... she took out her pigtails and went for the wild woman look instead!

15 comments:

Tina said...

Amazing job.........congratulations for what you have managed.
Glad you put in those pictures of Miss Zoey, the wild look certainly looks adorable! I've gotten used to mine looking that way every morning without fail! Zoey also seems to be looking bigger in the pictures, its lovely to see her beautiful face up close. Bless her :)

Stephanie said...

You're awesome ! i wish I could see the faces of the sweets that get a blanket.Do they know it's coming or is it a complete surprise?
Your friend on the east coast will get her act together soon... promise!

Googsmom said...

Heather, you are wonderful!!
{{{{{{HUGS}}}}

Cheri said...

I love her wild woman look...she is just so a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e.!!! :) Love the blankets...the patterns are all so cute!!...and I can attest to how snuggly soft they are!

Unknown said...

Pig tails or not, she's a cutie! Can't get over the number of blankets. Holy Cow! What a wonderful gift for each of those kiddo's. Keep up the FANTASTIC work!

Love the shirt that Zoey has on. May I ask where you found that? I LOVE it!

Lacey said...

The blankets are beautiful my friend. I have a women here that loves to make blankets in her free time. Her kids are all grown, and she's been a saving grace with the blankies. She not only crochets them so fast, but she likes to pick the material herself, taking some of the financial burden off me.

Scrappy quilter said...

I love the wild look...just too cute. WOW on all those blankets. What a wonderful ministry. Hugs!!

Unknown said...

What a perfect way to kick off this holiday season. Made me smile...well done. Love you my dear friend!

Kaitlin kelley said...

Thank you for letting me be a small part of something huge!! xoxo bushie

Tish said...

This post brought a huge smile to my face... I know all those darlings at CHLA will snuggle with those blankets, feeling more at home with a personal touch of love.

I also smiled at my Zoey's "post-pigtail" hairdo!! Oh, how I LOVE that girl; she always knows how to warm my heart. :)

Jeana said...

amazing, simply amazing! We will definitely get ours to you for your next drop.

ParkerMama said...

Wow. Just.....wow. What an amazing heart you have. Such a beautiful way to pay it forward.

heidi marie said...

what an amazing thing to do! i loved all the family photos below, too. you have such a beautiful family. i'm glad you had a wonderful turkey day.

Unknown said...

You are amazing....truely amazing...

xoxo
Kate

Victoria Strong said...

Wow! Simply W.O.W!!!