1. My foot/toe is so much better. The new layers of pretty pink skin tell me so. Truly was one of the most frightening experiences of my life. That infection was aggressive and beyond painful and well, just absolutely grateful to be putting that behind me.
2. Scouting venues for Jessica's wedding. I can't believe I just typed that. Reality hits in some moments. My baby girl is getting married.
The Camarillo Ranch House is a frontrunner. Beautiful location and almost literally, in our backyard. Like under 10 minutes away from us.
3. The show 'The Voice' . Amazing talent on that show and it doesn't hurt that Adam Levine is easy on the eyes. Not a 'Maroon 5' fan but definitely an Adam fan. Be still my heart just a little bit.
4. Love between siblings.
5. Shoulder rides.
6. NHL Playoffs and a certain 8 year old boy who lives and breathes hockey and so wishes he were living on the opposite coast of where he does. He gets up every morning and clicks on ESPN to "check on things". Pure joy to watch his enthusiasm for the game.
7. The beginnings of a 'Special Needs Ministry' that two other moms and I are starting at our church. You know, cuz I got all that extra time on my hands.
8. Charlotte and Zoey. Playing together. Just darling those two girls are.
9. Jessica making special gifts as a way to ask people to be her bridesmaids. Did I already mention how unreal it is that my firstborn is getting married?
10. Fresh fruit and veggies from local farm stands. We are lucky enough to live in a large agricultural community and you don't have to travel far to eat some of the freshest produce around.
11. Children home from college.
12. Organizing drawers and closets and cabinets. Yep, I am weird like that.
13. Rice cakes with peanut butter, strawberries and bananas. Main stay of my diet as of late.
14. Husbands/fathers home before 8pm.
15. First time working out in over two weeks. 2 mile run. 4 miles on my bike in the beautiful sunshine. Not bad. Could have been better. But thankful nonetheless.
16. Best work out song ever.
17. My son who reminds me once again that children learn and and interpret things in their own unique ways That makes me smile. I think he is brilliant.
Okay, you really need to study these pictures to see what Joe did. The instructions were: "Fold your paper and you will write some of your spelling words on the front and then the rest on the back. 2 columns." Do you see what he did? He folded it. Not exactly in half. But managed to write the spelling words. Partially on the front but the rest, as in the rest of each word, on the folded back. Ingenious if you ask me.
18. Zoey has hit just over the one year mark since beginning to orally eat again. She devours 4 ounces of baby food in no time at all and recently, signs more, at every meal and downs 4 more ounces just as fast. Now, if she could only kick that g-tube habit. Next up: how about a little liquid beverage baby girl?
19. Little girls who fall asleep, on an exhausted daddies lap ... at 7:15pm
20. 11 year old boys , who burst through the front door after school one day and proclaim, "I can never look at life the same again." ... after watching the 'Family Life' video in school. Sorry buddy. Wishing I could shelter you forever but there are good things to come. Promise.
21. Friday night paint sessions.
That about does it. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and thanks for sticking it out with me. Been a rough ride as of late.