On to gratitude:
1. Birthdays. 48 came and went painlessly. Blessed to have another year. Surrounded by love. My youngest sister called my husband earlier in the week and asked what time I was born, knowing that I would be missing my on the minute phone call from my mom. He said around 10:30 am East Coast time. That morning, as I was finishing getting ready for the day, the phone rang, I picked it up and it was my sister. She said " Happy Birthday. Am I close to the time? " I looked at my phone and if you can believe this, she called, at exactly the right time. I mean exactly. 10:33am, on the nose. How weird is that?
Pantages Theater in Hollywood. Super excited.
2. Joes still so innocent school friends who sends him home with sticky notes with shows they want him to watch on Netflix.
3. My early morning and late night runs. Best therapy. At least in my book.
5. My hilarious son. Casually going about his morning before school, wearing these glasses.
6. Halloween. Love it. I must. I have 4, count them 4, totes of decorations. Little out of hand.
7. Evenings out to see my oh so funny and talented friend Elizabeth perform in 'Expressing Motherhood'.
9. My beautiful 'bookends'. 20 years separate them. This was taken at Zoey's Children's Hospital of Los Angels NICU reunion. Amazing to see so many faces that were literally responsible for my littlest love being here today. And, if things go as we hope and pray, Jess will graduate in December from nursing school and maybe, just maybe, have an opportunity to be part of the nurse residency program in the NICU, at CHLA. How full circle and incredible would that be?
10. Darling Waldorf Dolls made with love by blogging friends. Zoey just loves this little doll. But then again, who wouldn't?
11. Engagement photos. So many beautiful ones. Here are just a few.
12. Joe. Doing what Joe does best. While out to dinner the other night, he jumped up from the table and ran outside. I followed and this is what I found. He seriously thought he could climb the thing. And me, I could not help but laugh. And then think, how will I ever make it through this child's teenage years??
Teach For America. If chosen, she will go to live somewhere here in the United States, for 2 years, where she will be a teacher to children living in low income communities. The girl continues to wow me.
15. My husband. Who works harder then most anyone I have ever known. He just has been picked as editor on a show that will most likely find him away from home more, if that is even possible, but being chosen to edit this show is quite a catch and we are super proud of him. Not sure if I am able to share with you what show it is yet, so I'll just have to leave you hanging ... sorry.
16. A growing belly on my beautiful daughter. Baby girl McAuliffe number 2 is getting bigger by the day.
Gratitude continues to keep me grounded and allows me to pause daily and see, that even on those days, when everything seems to be falling in around you, there is always, always, things to be grateful for. Always.