Friday, April 4, 2014

Another Birthday ...

Yep.  Another one.  This beauty.  Jessica Leigh.



27 years ago.  5:25 EST to be exact.  She arrived sleeping.  Just like that picture.  She cried a bit and then did not open her eyes for 3 days. Totally true.  Seems too much anesthesia crossed over the placenta from my c-section. Oops.  She was super mellow.  And smiled that smile from an early age and has remained mellow and smiley ever since.  She was born at exactly the right time in my life.  Not in the timing some thought defined perfect, but for me, she saved me from myself.  My first true love.

So tonight we gather as a family, a large and getting larger by the day, family and celebrate the gift of  life.  Another year.  And we do so with gratitude and thanks.

The rest of the weekend will be filled.  To the brim.  Soccer with Joe.




  And a 5k on Sunday with the boys.  Jake has been really into training and its been so neat to see him head out the door to get a few miles in.  Jake has never been that into sports.  He is so gentle that anything that requires aggressiveness, just goes against his nature.  He's a great swimmer though and now he said he thinks he would like to run cross-country in high school.  Which I think he would love.




 Not going to lie.  I am so hoping to escape for a little while somewhere between the chaos this weekend.  A movie by myself I am thinking.  I have been dying to see "The Grand Budapest Hotel".  Perhaps a long overdue pedicure.  Maybe a yoga class or dare I say, two.  Some respite.  Brief moments to take a deep breath and recharge after several exhausting  weeks.  Truth be told, I need more then a few hours but I will take what I can get and dream about a longer getaway.  Which hopefully will come in September when a group of my girlfriends and I are planning on going away for my 50th.  And the way time is flying these days, fall will be here in no time.

Have a beautiful weekend everyone.  I for one am glad that the weekend has arrived.  Oh wait ...

      

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and she still has that sweet smile as well as a sweet personality. Happy 27th Jess!

looks like Joe is loving soccer and looks like he is doing a good job in his position...

and isn't it nice to have 2 little boys so different, Each one so special in his own unique way.

enjoy your escape Heather.

Bluebelle

krlr said...

Happy Birthday Jessica!

I wish I lived closer - nothing sounds more divine right now that a movie about actual adult humans and someone to fix my feet. We could have had a mom-date!

Claudia said...

You should go on a short Trip to Europe in Fall ;-) sending love and peace

blogzilly said...

I thought you came back?